Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brother-in-Law!

Today, yes, we remember Patriot Day and honor those we lost on 9/11. I am in no way diminishing the weight of the events of 9/11. However, it's also important to remember that it's Brother-in-Law's birthday especially this year as it is the 30th birthday. It is also important to realize that 9 months until my birthday, but that's neither here nor there. Above is the photo of Brother-in-Law and Little Miss during the first Jets preseason game this year. Little Miss is not looking at the camera, but I love how she's smiling up at Brother-in-Law. Below is Brother-in-Law sharing his blue ice cream with Little Miss. You can see he was her favorite person at that moment. Also, in grand tradition, I now give you the link to the funniest 9/11 birthday article ever. It is from The Onion so I warn you that it is satire and contains the F-word, but that is my favorite part of the entire article. I send this article to Brother-in-Law every year, but this year, I thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

Happy 30th Birthday! We'll see you tonight to celebrate.

3 comments:

qunjuliete said...

I love how you managed to weave YOUR birthday into the post too. :)

The Onion article is funny. I love the Onion. Wish your BIL a Happy Birthday for me!

MrsErinS said...

that was so sweet! such cute pictures too....mmmm, blue ice cream :)

Sanna said...

Nice post, lovely pics. Happy Birthday to your BIL. He is the 6th person I 'know' who has birthday today. Are there so many on 9/11 or is it just the date, that makes us remember?

Love and hugs, Sanna

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...