Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy National Punctuation Day!

Today is National Punctuation Day. If you have time, read how punctuation cost a company $2.13 million in Canada (not sure if that amount is in Canadian dollars or American dollars). If you have time, view bad punctuation photos to stress how important passing English is to your children. I would never patronize an establishment that could not use the English language correctly. I don't expect people to have perfect grammar skills, but there are common mistakes and then there are just instances that make you wonder how people passed grade school with their utter lack of understanding of the English language. I'm sorry I did not post this in time to enter the baking contest. Maybe I'll have a colon and go search out 2 cupcakes. Hm, saying I'll have a colon sounds gross, but saying I would eat a period was worse. My apologies. Can I have bullet points perhaps?

2 comments:

Chasing Inspriation said...

I make many common errors, especially with commas. I do try to use punctuation correctly and I try to watch my grammar. I often feel like I need a refresher course. Or perhaps I should read my copy of Eats, Shoots and Leaves. :D

princessapr said...

I love Eat, Shoots and Leaves. I have Talk to the Hand, too. Good stuff.

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...