Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Superbowl XLII - That's 42, right?


The Superbowl is this weekend. Everyone knows that I really couldn't care less about sports of any kind. I only care marginally about athletes and the only thing I care about is how hot they are. That said, I do watch The Superbowl. Even when Husband was out of town, I went to a Superbowl party. I love the commercials. Even during the bad years, I like the commercials. However, I really love the food. Much like Thanksgiving and a lot of other major holidays, the true meaning of why we gather together is lost and it all comes down to food. However, with the big game, the food is all unhealthy and usually involves melted cheese. What's not to love about that?

Sidenote: If we're not Roman, why do we use Roman numerals to denote what number Superbowl we are celebrating? Why can't we just use 42? Eh, maybe it's just because no one asked me what we should do.

1 comment:

Chasing Inspriation said...

I love the commercials. I don't so much care about the actual game or even the half-time show. Lately the half-time show has been lackluster in my opinion, lol. Still, gotta love the commercials.

I don't think we're going anywhere. I know we have a meeting on Sunday at 1pm CST. We may have the BIL and family over. That would be kind of fun, actually.

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...