Friday, January 18, 2008

Forever and Always...


There's a difference between typecasting and forever known as one character. For a typecasting example, whenever I see Christopher Walken, I think evil character. I mean, the man plays villain very well. I've also seen him not play a villain, but that is a rare thing. Occasionally, however, an actor plays a role that resonates with the audience. Aw, who am I kidding? I don't care about the audience, I only care about myself. That's the point of a blog. Sometimes, an actor plays a character and he or she will forever be that character no matter what direction or future roles he or she chooses. Here is my example:

In 1994-1995, Jared Leto was in a little show called My So-Called Life. It was the show we couldn't miss in college. Hence force, of course, Jared Leto will always be Jordan Catalano. There are others and very rarely do characters leave their signature role for me. However, I should note that one did. This is amazing because I didn't think it would ever happen, but Neil Patrick Harris did it. He is no longer Doogie Howser, M.D. He's rose above his role. I can't say that about a lot of other actors.

Still, no matter how hard he tries, Jared Leto will always be that dreamy Jordan Catalano...

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...