Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rehab as an Excuse?


It seems like as soon as a celebrity does something stupid, he or she enters rehab. Don't get me wrong, I think rehab is a great resource for those in need. However, do you need rehab for having a bit too much to drink and saying something you regret? It seems that celebrities are using rehab as a way of getting out of taking personal responsibility for stupidity. I suppose rehab puts the celeb out of the spotlight for 4-6 weeks which is kind of like a time out. However, like a time out, as soon as it is over, he or she is back out socializing and doing ridiculous things.

In general, there is a lot less personal responsibility in the world. We now live in a society that blames everyone and everything else for things that go wrong. Song lyrics, music, movies, television - all influence our lives, but they aren't necessarily to blame for the downward spiral in personal ethics and responsibility. We try, as a society to fix the symptoms but never the problems.

It's enough to drive a person to drink.

1 comment:

Chasing Inspriation said...

Amen!

It's enough to drive a person to drink.

LOL!

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...