Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update - I Thrive Under Pressure!

It was a quiet weekend. On Friday, we caught up on some recorded television. I also had made previous arrangements for Husband to put Little Miss to bed and make dinner so I could devote the evening to reading our bookclub book, The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon. We were going to discuss the book on Saturday and, as of Friday at 5PM, I had not read more than 40 pages of a 400+ page book. So, I read a little less than half on Friday night. Then, I set my alarm for 8AM on Saturday morning. I woke up around 8:30AM and read the rest. Then, I met the bookclub at The Cheesecake Factory to discuss. After lunch, we walked around the mall. I bought Little Miss some Valentine's Day and Easter presents at a store closing at Waldenbooks. Then, I showed amazing restraint and bought nothing at the store closing of Filene's Basement. Well, the rest of that story is that I bought a new dress, stockings, underwear and socks last week. I hit the grocery store for some essentials then went home and spent the evening with Little Miss.

Little Miss was under the weather all weekend. She had a very low fever and was just stuffy and congested. Plus, on Saturday, she tripped and hit her chin on the entertainment center. She has a red scratch on her chin now. She's been sleeping and drinking and eating like a champ so I'm sure this will blow over quickly.

On Sunday, I woke up with Little Miss, gave her breakfast and then the two of us took a 3-hour nap. We woke up, ate lunch, and then hung out. She took another nap and we went to In-Laws' for dinner. This played well with our procrastination. We hadn't gone grocery shopping in awhile so we had nothing. That leaves me to today and the fact I have to grocery shopping by myself which I hate.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...