Thursday, January 1, 2009

Books read in December 2008

  1. The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts. (NOTE: This is the third book in the Sign of Seven trilogy. Book 1 is Blood Brothers. Book 2 is The Hollow by Nora Roberts.
  2. Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb
It was a Nora Roberts month for me. I liked both books, but I can't say either was my favorite in its respective series. I wanted the Sign of Seven series to be scarier and, though it had its creepy moments, it never clicked for me. That said, there were some adorable and tender moments in The Pagan Stone. Salvation in Death was different than I expected in terms of the plot, but I never claimed to be good at figuring out mysteries. It was a solid book.

I have the option of reading
Suite 606 to continue the Nora Roberts trend, but I think I'll move onto something else. You can see what I'm currently reading on the main blog page. However, I'm also eagerly looking forward to 20th Century Ghosts, but Joe Hill scares me! So, it's slow-going (not to mention that I haven't finished Heart-Shaped Box yet). He's so talented, but ghosts really freak me out. Maybe soon, I'll get my courage up and finish Just After Sunset and get on the horror bandwagon to read/finish them all but, for now, I'll stick to the non-scary.

1 comment:

Chasing Inspriation said...

I agree with your assessment of the Sign of 7 trilogy. I was hoping for creepier and it just didn't deliver. However, the spot on moments within the stories made the trilogy a good read.

Salvation was a very solid book. And very different from what I was expecting but still sucked me in! LOL

I have no idea what to read next. I have all these books from the library sitting at my computer desk and a huge pile of books I've bought over the years that haven't been read yet. I guess we'll see.

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...