Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Movies We've Watched - Expecting Amy

Expecting Amy (TV Series 2020– ) - IMDb

We watched Expecting Amy on HBO Max.  Husband picked it out.  It was pretty much what I expected, but I did like it.  I have already read Amy Schumer's book.  I know she is extremely dedicated to her family.  She is a hard worker.  You see all this in this 3-part documentary.  It did drive home how it is nearly impossible for a "regular" woman to have hyperemesis gravidarum.  It is a luxury to have the ability to have someone take care of you and any dependents, to have health insurance and/or to afford IV fluids as needed.  With very minimal "morning sickness", there was such pressure and worry that I'd have to buy a new outfit at lunch (once with Little Miss) or find the nearest receptacle (once on a walk with Little Miss).  So, watcher beware, there is a lot of vomit.  I did not know much about her c-section which, even knowing she is good enough for Instagram and social media and interviews, was scary to watch.

I liked seeing her comedy process a lot and seeing the wedding and her friends and family.  I thought the series was interesting and honest, and boy, she didn't hold anything back.  I want to catch her Netflix special now.  

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...