Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Movies We've Seen - Blinded by the Light

Blinded by the Light (2019 film) - Wikipedia

Blinded by the Light was on Hulu, I think, and was as cute as it looked in the trailer.  I loved how Bruce Springsteen's songs were woven throughout.  This is about a young British boy of Indian descent who feels stifled in his small town.  He's under a lot of pressure, feeling a little isolated.  Then, he listens to Bruce Springsteen and feels completely understood for the first time in his life.  The music helps him rise above his small town and find his voice both within in his own writing and within his own community.  Maybe it isn't the most original story, but it was original in its tone and how the music is woven in throughout both musically and physically.  

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...