Tuesday, January 12, 2021

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go.

Let's see...

I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I don't care if they changed up character types (someone said they softened Sherlock too much, but it's just an interpretation - chill out, people).  

Sing On was a mediocre reality show on Netflix which was not good.  I don't watch reality shows so maybe some people may find it better than I did, but it was just too fake and bright and shiny for me.  I didn't care about the contestants at all though I do like Titus Burgess, the host.

I watched Emily in Paris on Netflix which I didn't love, but then I ended up liking it by the end.  I do not like love triangles, and they skirted the issue of cheating, but it was still fine.  It's the clothes for me.  It was all so pretty.  

I caught Cats on HBO Max which wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.  I mean, I should state that I already love Cats.  I've seen the play three times (maybe 4) on Broadway.  I had the DVD.  I think the "big names" were the weakest but not horrible.  I think the CGI was a little weird.  However, I liked the additions of, you know, a plot.  I loved Skimbleshanks which is my favorite cat and what they did with Mr. Mistophelees.  It was a perfectly fine couch movie to watch while I played games on my phone.

For Sunday Family Movie, the family watched the animated Mulan on Disney+.  I watched it back in the day, but the kids (and Husband) hadn't watched before.  Everyone liked it, but I don't think it was anybody's favorite.  No one has a big drive to see the live-action movie.  It's definitely got mixed reviews from those I know who have watched it.  I'll give in eventually, but I'm not there yet.

Lastly, I watched Family Baking Championship on Netflix.  I loved the first season, but the second season mixed things up, and I didn't love that.  There was a definite advantage of being ethnic.  I think the strong flavors and generations cooking together played strong with the winning families.  It made me want to eat some of the food, though.  I guess it kind of got us a little into baking at the time, too.  I just feel like we got to learn more about the families in the first season, and I liked the judges more.  I still stuck with it so I guess that says something.

I did a lot of streaming services in the Fall.  It was hard to keep up.  Honorable mention is that I started to watch Fargo and The Big Bang Theory (which I went from Season 3 to Season 11 in the last month - not sure if I'm proud of ashamed of this).  I need to get back into reading.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...