Friday, January 8, 2021

Movies We're Watching - Wonder Woman 1984

 


On Christmas, the family watched Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max.   I know it got some bad press, and I'm not saying the objections were wrong, but we liked it.  Maybe our expectations were lower because we had just opened a ton of presents and just finished a really tasty dinner, but it was entertaining.  We had the added benefit of seeing some familiar sights and sites, too.  

Basically, a wishing stone  appeared at the Smithsonian where Diana was working, and you know, people made wishes.  This is how Steve showed up again if you were wondering.  I liked the monkey's paw aspect of the plot where there was a dark side to every wish.  Things got a little crowded with the dual villains and there was a lot of build up and setting the stage.  We can't say it was an utter waste of time.  It made for a solid family movie during a time where we desperately need something to do as a family.

On to 2021!

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...