Friday, January 8, 2021

What We're Watching - Bridgerton

 

I'm sure you know Netflix has a show called Bridgerton out.  It's based on Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series.  This season is based on The Duke and I - which I read but kind of don't remember.  Anthony's book was my favorite, but Colin and Penelope were my favorite characters (I was just disappointed in their actual book).  ANYWAY, it's a solid adaptation which only a few changes and none of them really bothered me. 

Simon is the very new Duke of Hastings and all the mamas want their girls to catch a duke.  Daphne was just released into Society and yet has no suitors except for a toad of a man.  So, they decide to court.  The sharks would leave Simon alone if he was with someone and Daphne would be more desirable after a duke was chasing her.  There is some boxing, pettiness, a prince, a duel, and a happily ever after.  And a whole lot of sex.  So, you know, don't watch this one with the kids.  Or maybe you do, maybe your kids are older and you parent differently.  I'm not judging.  

The show is beautiful and entertaining, and it made me want to reread the book.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...