Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Movies We've Watched - Showbiz Kids

Showbiz Kids (2020) Cast, Release Date, Plot, Trailer

Showbiz Kids was on HBO Max.  I don't watch HBO Max as much as I should, but I've been giving it more of a shot.  This documentary interviewed (former) child actors and talked about their journey through the business while also spotlighting two current children trying to make a go of things.  

I found it kind of sad at how much these actors gave up as children.  Even in the best of circumstances, the families give up a lot, and I don't honestly know how you stay grounded or well-adjusted.  There were some happier moments in the documentary at least in showing Henry Thomas's audition for E.T. and seeing clips from Mrs. Doubtfire, but that was more joyful memories for me over maybe how the stars felt.  I think everyone who thinks they want to be in showbiz or wants their child to enter the industry should definitely watch.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...