Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Book Opinion - Me Talk Pretty One Day

Me Talk Pretty One Day - Wikipedia

Met Talk Pretty One Day is our book club pick for July in our work book club.  I've read David Sedaris a bunch of times, have seen in him person at least three times.  I highly recommend it.  His delivery of his written work is just everything.

I actually had this book already autographed.  I didn't remember much about it, but there are some really great stories.  His books, if you don't already read them, are a collection of essays of situations or people he knows - little slices of life.  Are they true?  Partly, I'm sure.  Are they entertaining?  Definitely.

This one is solid, but maybe not my favorite.  It's up there though.  I can't say it's a bad first outing if you've never read him before - good enough to be entertainment but leaves some of the great work still yet to come.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...