Monday, December 10, 2012

Orzo with Parmesan and Basil

Here is what we made last weekend. It is a dense recipe. A little goes a long way. I also think it needs the basil though I'd go light on the salt. We didn't add any herbs or seasonings and it was kind of boring which is just what Little Miss wanted. I don't think it needs any salt with all the cheese though.  

Orzo with Parmesan and Basil 
Ingredients: 
  • 3 Tablespoons Butter 
  • 1 1/2 cup Orzo 
  • 3 cups Chicken Or Vegetable Stock 
  • 6 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Basil 
  • 1 cup Parmesan Cheese 
  • 1/2 teaspoons Salt 
  • 1/4 teaspoons Pepper  

Directions: 
Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the orzo and saute for a few minutes, until the orzo starts to get golden brown. Add the broth and cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until all the broth has been absorbed. Remove from the heat, add the basil and Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...