Monday, December 17, 2012

Mulan

According to Little Miss, all Asian women look "just like Mulan".  I'm trying to figure out where this lies on the racism scale.  We saw a painting of a Japanese woman pouring tea.  She points and says, "That looks just like Mulan."  So, then I explained that they both came from the same part of the world, but that woman is Japanese and Mulan is Chinese.  The woman in front of us laughed at us.  Little Miss does know that I'm Korean and she is half Korean, but I don't think nationality means much to her at this age.  As with everything, there is a learning curve.  The long kimono did resemble Mulan's outfit when she saw the Matchmaker so in her world, I suppose they were similar.  Maybe her next gift will be a globe or world map...

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...