Thursday, July 23, 2020

Movies We've Watched - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD | Sony Pictures Entertainment

I have been wanting to read A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood since it came out because I have always loved Mr. Rogers.  This movie is inspired by a true story, but it is so good.  

A journalist is instructed to make a small piece on Mr. Rogers, and it turns into so much more.  Tom Hanks really captures the spirit of Mr. Rogers though is always Tom Hanks a little.  I thought it was really touching and soothing.  Mr. Rogers is so timeless.  

On a lighter note, goodness, the puppet recreation is amazing.  They look so good!  It made me very nostalgic.  Nostalgia was helped along with a couple of chats with college friends while watching.  I felt like Lloyd represented a lot of us during this cynical time, and this movie came along to help us through.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...