Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Book Opinion - Silver-Tongued Devil

Silver-Tongued Devil (Rough Riders) - Kindle edition by James, Lorelei.  Romance Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I read Silver-Tongued Devil by Lorelei James a little bit ago.  I liked it.  It's a prequel to her contemporary Rough Rider series which is a little on the sexier side if you don't mind that in your books.  Because a lot of the story is set points in the universe, it was challenging to make it a romance with a happy ending, but still keep the legend or oral history already told.  

There are two sets of twins, the Orphan Train, feuds, hot tempers, and two surprisingly sweet love stories.  I didn't mind the historical setting because my romance heart started with historicals.  I thought it was unique, and I'm glad the ending played out as it did, but it did make me sad for the brothers.  I don't want to give anything away, but it was a complicated situation.

I'm glad to be somewhat back to reading though and hope to keep it up even if it's slow getting back into the groove.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...