Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Book Opinion - The Summer Deal

The Summer Deal: A Novel - Kindle edition by Shalvis, Jill. Literature &  Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I'm back reading! It's been helpful making myself read the book club books for work, and I switched it up with some summer romances. The Summer Deal, I guess, is technically Women's Fiction which is basically romance for people who don't want to read romance. They have the summary covers and some complicated FEELS in them. (OK, Women's Fiction is where the focus is on the women and less about the relationship and LOVE, but in some cases, there is still some romance and sexy times.) 

I really like Jill Shalvis with like literally one exception. I've met her a handful of times, and she always pretends to remember me. I have my doubts, but it's nice. I wasn't as excited to read this one as others mostly because of my mood, but I'm so glad I did. It is mainly about two women who were sworn enemies as children. From each perspective, you really felt something for both women. It doesn't hurt that both have a love interest who is perfect for them. The men may be too perfect actually, only making small misguided actions. 

I love a book that can make you like a character that is initially unlikable. Neither woman did anything that, to me, was unforgivable, but everyone knows what it's like to have a childhood bully and how that weight sometimes follows them through adulthood. Books are interesting because these characters went through such difficult times and worked very hard for their happy ending. I wanted to stay with them longer now that they're all happy and adjusted. I guess that's a good complaint to have.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...