Friday, July 24, 2020

Movies We've Watched - The Umbrella Academy

The Umbrella Academy (Original Series Soundtrack) by Jeff Russo on ...

I finished The Umbrella Academy on Netflix.  I was wary because it's not necessarily my type of thing, and I heard mixed reviews.  But, when you reach the end of Netflix and you only want something light to watch, you end up here.

I liked it.  I have so many questions which I suppose they'll get to eventually or maybe they're just there for those that read the comic books.  

It's only a little violent and relatively fast so that was good to me.  I think you have to suspend the usual superhero disbelief in the how are they the only people with powers and how did Hargreeves know when/where to scoop up these children?  How does it take place now yet they are still using pay phones and microfiche/microfilm (I never knew the difference between the two).  Still, I'm looking forward to Season 2 next week!

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...