Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Book Opinion - Xeni

XENI: A Marriage of Inconvenience (Loose Ends Book 2) by [Rebekah Weatherspoon]

Xeni is the second in the Loose Ends series by Rebekah Weatherspoon.  I recently read Rafe after having it in my TBR pile for a long time.  I do like a marriage of convenience story.  It's a trope for a reason.  I thought this tackled a lot of big subjects while still remaining fun.  Xeni is a great character.  Mason is super sexy.  This one is mostly stand alone.  I know this series has characters from previous series, but they are my first two books so obviously, you can pick them up in any order - and that is HUGE for me to say.

Xeni's aunt passes away, and she needs to marry Mason as part of the inheritance.  This sparks up a whole bunch of family drama for both Xeni and Mason who, of course, fall in love throughout.  I really liked the first one and, though this one didn't grab me right away, the characters pulled me in.  I may go back and look up some other books by Weatherspoon.  

Just a warning, this book gets a little spicy.  Mason is also bi so there's some explicit play that you don't see in every book.  It's quick and not a whole thing, but it's still there.  

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...