Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Book Opinion - Variable Onset

Variable Onset: A Gay Romantic Suspense by [Layla Reyne]

Variable Onset is the latest by Layla Reyne.  I really like her suspense, and I'm not usually one who reads a lot of action in books because I have trouble visually picturing everything that's going on, but she's so clear and the suspense is so present.  I was pretty bad figuring out the mystery of this one, but it was a fun ride.  

Lincoln and Carter go undercover  as a married couple in a small university town to look into a serial killer.  It's definitely more suspense than, I felt, romance.  I prefer a little more sexy times, but they were super cute together.  I also loved Lincoln with his family, too.  I wish I had a little more time with them.

Maybe it's the fact that I used to read horror books, but I love how rough and violent Reyne's books can be.  Usually, there is some life-threatening moment where the heroes figure out their love for each other and then there's some regret for not declaring it, you know, before they die.  OR there's the old stand-by, I'm so glad I found this person before I died and now I can die fulfilled.  It's more artistic than the cliches, but I eat that stuff up.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...