Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Movies We've Watched - Jay & Silent Bob Reboot

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - Wikipedia

This past weekend, I watched Jay & Silent Bob Reboot on Amazon Prime.  I've been a Kevin Smith fan for some time.  While I may go so far as say this may be my least favorite, it was really nice nostalgia and great to see everyone back.  I did still laugh at some parts.  I will probably forget I even saw it by next year, but it was the movie I needed over the weekend.  I mean, it started with Jay doing his Silence of the Lambs bit which will never fail to make me laugh.  

The premise is that Jay and Silent Bob get arrested and lose their name to a production company who is doing a movie based on the Bluntman & Chronic comic?  The plot isn't important.  So, the duo take off from NJ to stop the movie from being made.  They end up at Shannon Elizabeth's house and find out Jay has a daughter.  Long story short, Jay hides the fact that he's her father, and the pair takes her and 3 other girls to Chronic Con in Hollywood.  Hijinx ensue.  Chronic Con is an excuse to bring in the cast of Clerks, Mall Rats, Matt Damon, and other cameos.  

If you're a die-hard fan, it's probably one you need to see to round out seeing them all. If you're not a fan, maybe skip this one.  If you've never been exposed to any Kevin Smith movies, definitely don't start with this one.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...