Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Picking My Battles

As a parent, you have to learn how to pick your battles. For instance, I fight to get Little Miss to wear shoes that fit everyday, but I will let her pick her own shoes. So, she's worn rain boots a lot in the last few weeks. Yesterday, she wore suede Mary Janes. Today, however, she got more looks than usual and most walked away with a smile on their faces. The photo below is how Little Miss was dressed to leave the apartment.Then, at the last minute (keep in mind we were already running about 5 minutes late), she changed her mind. She wanted a new hat so I told her to hurry while I packed my bag and found my keys. She ran back into her room and ran back out wearing the hat below:Normally, I would have her change, but we didn't have the time, and I already chose my battle and got her to wear her sandals over shoes that are are too big and her baseball jersey over her football shirt. I put the Mets jersey on and all she kept saying was "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!" I had to explain that this was baseball and the Jets are football, never thought I'd be having that conversation with my daughter (though she is half Husband's daughter).

3 comments:

MrsErinS said...

TOO funny! clearly furry bear hat is a better match than minnie ears.

ktNcompany said...

what a trip. i think she chose the furry hat to make up for the fact that you wouldn't let her wear her football jersey - she's just in the wrong season :)

Teble said...

My youngest went through a phase in which he wanted to wear a superhero costume every single day. We drew the line at wearing them to school, but we explained that it was only to avoid revealing his secret identity to the other students. I'll never forget the time we were at the grocery store and he was dressed as Superman. A random guy that we passed in the aisle told Aaron that he'd love to see his mom dressed up as Wonder Woman. ;-)

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...