Tuesday, October 7, 2008

10/10 - How Hard is that Date to Remember?


Extremely difficult is the answer. Our wedding anniversary is October, 10, and I have trouble remembering it ever since we got married. There's no explanation why.

I thought, in the days leading up to our anniversary, I will (try to) recall some memories of that day. I do know that it was fairly smooth planning. As with all weddings, there were some bumps along the way, but we had nearly a 2 year engagement so we had plenty of time to get our ducks in a row.

The engagement was romantic. It was on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in December. It was cold. I was cold. I had blisters from walking around the city in heels. We were on our way to dinner. I actually thought the proposal would occur during dinner, but I figured it out as we got out of the car on the National Mall. So, I may have may have made things a little more difficult for Husband. Long story short, he kneeled down and proposed. I said yes. We then went to dinner.

Although we were living in Virginia, we knew we'd go home and get married in Connecticut.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Brandi said...

If you'd have gotten married on my birthday your anniversary would be easy to remember. At least it worked for me :)

Shosh said...

Happy anniversary April. I have three anniversary and I tend to forget all.

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...