Friday, April 18, 2014

Week 37

2 more weeks (though, by the time this posts, it'll be closer to 1 more week)!  We'll see if I make it.  As of today (early in the week), I have a few odds and ends to put away and then I want to dust the bedroom and clean the bathroom.  No reason why I couldn't do that any time, but I've been procrastinating.  The good news is that I've been pretty good at maintaining what I have cleaned already. 

All the baby laundry has been done up through 3 months clothing.  I should probably throw the blankets in though.  I forgot those because they are stored in a separate drawer.  Crib and portable crib in our room are all set up.  Car seat base is installed.  I should probably put together the diaper bag.  I need to clean/sterilize all the feeding equipment.  Still, things are in good shape and the balance is arriving this week including the Big Sister present. 

Basically, according to here, the baby is full term.  He definitely seems big enough based on the size of my belly.  I've hit the point where strangers just give me a pitiful stare and a lot of room to pass like I'm contagious.  At least when people assume it's any day, it could be any day.  Nothing like hearing that a month or two before the due date. 

Oh, and the big item I keep putting off is packing the hospital bag.  I did pre-register last week so that's done.  I kept saying I was waiting for the laundry to be done and to buy toiletries, but I'm just procrastinating - especially because both have been done. 

I'm having trouble sleeping and going to the bathroom constantly which I didn't do as much with Little Miss.  I don't get as much heartburn as with her, but when I do, it's bad.  I do wonder if he'll be as active outside as he is inside.  I wonder if Little Miss will calm him as much as she seems to calm when she talks to him.  Whenever she pats my belly or talks to it, there's less movement almost automatically.  It's the oddest thing. 

The end of this week has been rough.  I've had a lot of lower abdomen discomfort and contractions.  The contractions are intermittent at best, but yesterday, I was very uncomfortable.  I seem to do best in the morning, a little sore but better once I get moving.  Then, I just go downhill throughout the day.  I'm positive this has to do with the fact that my belly is gigantic. 

Last night, I went to bed before Little Miss but then I woke up before dawn.  I see a nap in my future.

The doctor went well.  My weight, blood pressure and size remained the same.  Here's hoping we can go another week!

No comments: