Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Movies We've Watched - The Mandalorian

 

I don't want to say I'm NOT a Star Wars fan.  I've seen most of the movies (except maybe the last one).  I grew up with the series.  I'm just not OBSESSED with it or remember a lot of the details.  So, I didn't gravitate towards The Mandalorian.  I know Little Miss watched it, and I kept hearing good things about it this season so I gave it a go last Sunday night.  And then, by Monday night, I finished all of it.

I believe The Mandalorian takes place between The Return of the Jedi and the The Force Awakens.  I still have some questions about the details, but at the heart of it, the Mandalorian was tasked a job of bringing a 50-year-old in to a client.  It turns out the 50 is the equivalent of a toddler in whatever species it is.  He turns the child in to his client, but he can't leave it because of a hinky feeling.  So, he flees with the cutest being ever.  

You've got some folks who want the Empire to make a comeback.  You've got all of the Mandalorian group.  There is a bunch of secondary characters from all the different Star Wars iterations.  This is great if you paid attention to any of the anything OR you can be me and Wikipedia everything.  I think it's fairly easy to follow as a superficial fan though.  It does have a modern, yet classic, feel to it.  I've decided to watch the Behind-The-Scenes show next (also on Disney+).

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...