Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Movies We've Watched - The Prom


I watched The Prom on Netflix last weekend.  I liked it.  It was fine.  I totally understand the criticism, but as one who has not judged Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman's singing kindly in the past, I thought they were entertaining.  I don't have a huge issue with James Corden.  Could there be better performances?  I'm sure.  Could they have chosen some/all of the original cast from Broadway?  Definitely.  However, I get that I should either not watch it or I take it for what it is.  

With that out of the way, I'll say nice things. I love Keegan Michael Key.  I thought he did a good job, and now I want to see Jingle Jangle.  I thought the leads were adorable.  I don't think this movie version falls as flat as some other (most) movie adaptations, and it does make me want to see the play.  


No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...