Monday, November 30, 2020

Movies We've Watched - Happiest Season

 


Last weekend, I watched Happiest Season on Hulu.  I thought it was super cute.  It was heartbreaking at times but also hilarious and heartwarming.  

This movie is about Abby and Harper.  We see their relationship blossom quickly in an illustrated montage in the opening credits and then a sweet moment with the two of them.  Then, Harper invites Abby home for Christmas with her family.  Abby accepts and plans to propose on the visit.  Right before they arrive at Harper's family's home, Harper tells Abby that she has not come out to her parents.  This results in both girls entering the house going along with the parents' assumption that they are straight.  Through it all, Harper's parents are trying to set her up with her ex-boyfriend and an ex-girlfriend shows up.  

I found it difficult to agree with all of Harper's actions at first, but I understood her more and more throughout.  Overall, it was a good romcom to get me into the season.  I so rarely get to movies around this time because it's so busy so I am glad it premiered on Hulu so I got to watch it.  I know it's not ideal for movies, but these are crazy times.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...