Friday, November 20, 2020

Books We've Read - Country Boy


I won the first three books of this series, Hot Off the Ice.  Country Boy is the first in the series by A.E. Wasp.  During a night of insomnia, I sped through the first book.  I have some nitpicks, but overall, I liked the story.  It was everything I needed at 3 in the morning.

It's about a professional hockey player nearing the end of his career.  He is recovering from injury and decides to spend the holiday (it takes place right before Thanksgiving) recuperating at his new house he inherited.  He has a meet cute with the current tenant of the house (and, of course, he has no idea that's who he is).  

A couple of things to know: main character has a best friend on his hockey team as well as is still good friends with his ex-wife.  Pretty much everyone suspects he's gay (you know this from page 1).  When the dude meets his meet cute, it all kind of clicks.  

There are some clunky parts with the legalities of the inheritance and the ex-boyfriend, but the main couple was cute as was all of their relationships with friends and family.  I would have been happy just to read the Thanksgiving portions - full of family, friends, sexy times.  I think the family and friendships were written really well.

I'm also reading The Nickel Boys so it's all either very light or very heavy for me.



No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...