Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Cranberry Brussels Sprouts Receipe

I gifted myself Harry & David pears and could not eat them all.  So, I did a search for recipes and came up with this one.  I needed the oven for something else, but I normally would have roasted everything a bit longer.  Also, I'm not in love with my honey.  It made this too sweet.  I think I would have gone with a balsamic reduction drizzle.  Either way, it was good enough for one lunch, and then I gave the rest to my parents who said they liked it.  



Cranberry Brussels Sprouts Recipe (link to recipe)

Ingredients
  

  • 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
  • 2 pears cored and cut into 8 wedges each
  • ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion or red onion
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 or 4 lemon wedges
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ¼ cup dried cranberries

Instructions
 

  • Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, pears, and onion and toss to coat with the olive oil. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
  • Place the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown and have started to crisp and the pears have caramelized, about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
  • Squeeze 3 of the lemon wedges over the pan and drizzle with the honey. Add the dried cranberries and toss to combine well. Taste and season with more lemon and salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...