Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Update - Wedding Bells

Last Friday, I drove to Pennsylvania to visit a mailshop with which I work. I got there around noon after successfully driving the 3 hours or so to arrive. I took the tour and met a lot of people who were only voices on a phone before. Then, my CSR took me to lunch. We walked around Philadelphia. Then, we checked into my hotel, got our nails done and grabbed dinner. At that point, we were facing the choice of painting the town or, well, going to bed. I hate to say it, but I was exhausted and was sleeping by 10PM. I'm so sad! My big weekend without the baby, and I slept in a giant King size bed hogging all 6 pillows with the temperature at a nice 78 degrees.

On Saturday, I woke up at 6AM. That's the downside of going to bed at 10PM. I dozed on and off until 9AM. At this point, I showered and couldn't find a hair dryer. (Later, I was told it was in a bag in the bathroom. I kind of wondered about the bag, but I didn't really pay attention to it.) So, I walked to a salon I saw the night before and got my haircut. Luckily, it came out good. Then, I watched tv until Husband arrived by train. We drove to a wedding and arrived in plenty of time. The ceremony was beautiful. The reception was a lot of fun, and it was
great to see so many friends and have a blast.

Meanwhile, Little Miss stayed at my parents' house. My parents were nervous because she doesn't spend as much time alone with them as with the in-laws, but she's pretty laid back. It seems like she had a blast, and she got a lot really well with the kitty, Toby. She appeared very happy to see us, and we certainly missed her. We played when we got home. Well, she played with Husband after a failed attempt at a nap. He watched her while I rested a little. Then, she played in the bath and went to bed. We'll have a quiet night and head to bed. Now, I only wish I had another weekend to recover!


host said...

Hi! I like the wedding dress and the bouquet so much I had to say it out loud (write it)!