Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Weekend Update - Still Full

Last Friday, we went grocery shopping right after work. Then, we brought Little Miss to pick up a pizza. It's a Lent tradition in our house to have pizza on Fridays.

On Saturday, I got up with Little Miss. We played games, did puzzles, and then I got up to cook because Saturday night, we got together with Brother-in-Law, Sister-in-Law and Nephew to eat a massive amount of Asian and Asian-inspired foods. We made the same thing as we did the last time we did this two years ago - sushi, fried rice, steamed rice, egg rolls, and bulgogi. We swapped ribs for marinated London Broil and didn't make the salad this year, but we still had tons of food and ideas for next time. I took a short cut with the bulgogi meat. I didn't like it as much, but it worked well for the short cooking time we had. Great night. I took some great pictures, too, but, well, more on that in a minute.

Sunday, I got to sleep late while Little Miss woke up with Husband. I was taking advantage of a day just for me. I woke up and Little Miss had deleted all the photos on my camera. Luckily, I load them and back them up promptly but decided not to on Saturday when we got home which I regret. Now I have to get Little Miss and Nephew to recreate all that cuteness. While Little Miss took a nap, I watched the Independent Spirit Awards then switched to Red Carpet coverage of the Academy Awards and then watched the awards themselves and then a little post show. In between, I managed to find time to help Little Miss finish her homework, eat dinner and take a bath. 

Oh, Little Miss also begged to make cookies so we made a batch of pink sugar cookies, too. We had dough divided in 4 and made pink, purple (more grey), green and yellow balls of dough. We made pink on Sunday, purple on Monday and I'll make the rest tonight.

Then, of course, it was back to the grindstone to start another week. I did get new glasses this week to replace my horribly uncomfortable glasses I got last time so that's exciting. They're super light and comfy which is very exciting for my poor, blind eyes.

1 comment:

MrsErinS said...

noooooooooooo! all that cuteness!!!

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...