Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sexy Friday

Today's Sexy Friday is dedicated to the people who live in my apartment and stay up past 8PM. I have to admit that I didn't watch much last year, but this year, Husband and I settle in to watch Chuck every Monday. OK, neither of us settles in to watch Chuck himself though he is endearing, but it's not Endearing Friday now, is it? We do catch Ryan McPartlin (Devin/Awesome) and Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah). There actually are no adequate words to explain how much Husband LOVES Yvonne Strahovski.

The show is in its second season and is in danger of cancellation. It is an adorable show, and I think it's a show you can pick up without knowing a lot about what happened in the past. Obviously, it helps to have at least some backstory especially now when it's at the last episode of the season, but in general, it's a show you can pick up. I know it's up against other shows, great shows. We watch some of those other shows, but that's why God gave us people who invented the DVR.

Chuck works at the Buy More, his local electornics chain. He lives with his sister, Ellie, and her fiance, Awesome (er, Devin, but Chuck calls him Awesome). Chuck's roommate in college implanted the Intersect in Chuck's brain which causes Chuck to "flash" and see stuff about bad guys (there's more, but it's not worth going into details, and I'm bad at remembering accurate details anyway). So, the government is working with Chuck to help find bad guys and also works to keep Chuck safe. His handlers are Casey and Sarah because, of course, the bad guys are after Chuck. The main bad guy group is Fulchrum.

As I mentioned, the show is in danger of cancellation. You can read about what people are doing to save the show and how Subway plays a role. You can also read more about the show and watch episodes on the website.

1 comment:

Chasing Inspriation said...

I do love the show and Devin/Awesome is, well, awesome! LOL! I hope the show gets renewed. I only just found it this year.

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...