Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Movies We've Watched - Skin Wars (season 3)

 


I've never watched Skin Wars before, but I stumbled upon it on Netflix and breezed through the season.  First, I'm not usually a reality competition show fan except maybe The Great British Bake Off.  However, if they are good-natured enough, I don't mind them.  I was hoping this was more like Glow Up, but it's a little more overly-dramatic and over-edited.  Still, I watched it so I could root against the contestants that bothered me.  

I don't doubt all of these people are talented, and it's amazing what people can do on a human canvas.  Maybe this type of show isn't always for me, but I do appreciate the talent most of these people have.  I care a little less about the competition part actually.  So, it was a fine show, but I wasn't engaged enough to watch previous seasons.  The fact that it was originally on GSN and shown on Netflix explains the odd breaks for commercials.  I watch so many streaming shows, I'm not used to that.  

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...