Thursday, May 7, 2020

Movies We Watched - The Half of It


I wanted to see this movie when it was advertised on Twitter awhile ago, and I missed the release date, but I caught it yesterday (it only released 5 days earlier). It was so good. I liked so many things about it. I liked the storytelling and the way it was filmed, almost like a dream. I loved how funny it was, how timeless it seemed. I love a unique love story. I don't want to ruin the ending, but in a story where you may suspect things don't end well, this ends the best way it could and with happiness and optimism. I felt all the feels and ended up crying and laughing all at the same time which is always so glamorous. Plus, now I want to try taco sausage and want dumplings ASAP. I highly recommend this movie on Netflix.

On a sidenote, there was zero authentic Asian representation for me growing up.  I remember reading Just As Long As We're Together by Judy Blume and was like this girl is Asian and adopted.  What?!  We have a ways to go, but I love some of the offerings out there.  

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...