Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Update - Little Bit of Everything

Last Friday, I went to Jaleo to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was a lot of fun as any night with friends and sangria is.

On Saturday, I woke up with Little Miss. We had breakfast and then I took her into the city for the National Cherry Blossom Festival though I admit we only walked around and saw the trees. She loved her ride on the Metro. She was really good as we walked around the Mall and the Tidal Basin. Some people were handing out free bottles of water. Little Miss loves water out of the bottle. She carried that bottle all day and drank almost all of the water. She seemed less enthusiastic about the sights, but she did like seeing all the dogs and the one cat (Seriously! Some man had his cat on a leash and was walking him around and taking pictures of the kitty with the cherry blossoms.) I think the highlight, for Little Miss, was seeing the ducks in the Tidal Basin. Then, we played catch for a little bit and went home. We shared a pizza and then we both took a nap on the couch and had a pretty quiet evening afterwards.

On Sunday, Husband woke up with Little Miss. It was a dreary day so we mostly just played. When I woke up, Little Miss was exhausted (rough day of breakfast and television). So, we thought we'd try a very early nap. She went right down to sleep and slept for an hour. She woke up a little before lunch time. We had lunch and then Husband realized he forgot something at the grocery store the day before so Little Miss and I went out. She was very good so I let her walk around the store on her own instead of putting her in the cart. She carried our reusable bag all around the store. As a reward, she got
her balloon and cookie. When we got home, she took another nap after showing signs of exhaustion. She slept for almost 4 hours that time and woke up right before we were going to go in and wake her. I hate to wake a sleeping kid, but she needed to eat dinner. She got up and ate an incredible dinner. Then, because she just woke up from her nap like an hour before, we gave her another bath. After, she pretty much asked to go to bed even though she stayed up for an hour in bed talking to Minnie Mouse. She won't divulge what she told Minnie, but it was very important. She held Minnie up to her face and really chatted for quite some time. No surprise that she slept a little late this morning, but she woke up happy. Husband is out of town until Thursday so she'll miss him after such a nice weekend.