Thursday, February 27, 2020

Book Opinion: Ignite on Contact


Earlier this week, I read Ignite on Contact.  This was Book 2 of a series.  I had forgotten almost all of Book 1.  It was like a dream.  So, I refreshed my memory and then went onto this book.  I found it really cute.  The backstory is that a group of 3 homeless boys were found by a firefighter.  He raised them with his wife.  The 3 boys become the firefighter main characters of this series.  

This book centers around Rafe and Carmen.  Carmen lives next door and is an ER nurse.  She lives with her grandfather after her mother and grandmother pass away (separately and before the book takes place).  She is living with her grandfather after he had a stroke - again, before the book takes place.  She is not interested in a relationship after a sour divorce.  

Rafe lives next door with his two brothers and his older brother's girlfriend (see previous book).  He doesn't do relationships.  I got the impression he's sort of a serial monogamist with nothing lasting more than a handful of months.  He's the always-upfront, never-looking-for-something-serious type of guy but always shows a girl a good time.  

Anyway, the two are friendly and then more than friendly.  The book is a little predictable in that they get close and then get too into their own heads and then resolve it all at the end.  I don't think it was very heavy, but the characters are very likable including Carmen's grandfather and his love interest as well as Carmen's best friend and colleague (and other folks in the first responder world also were individuals showing the characters had friends and family and could cultivate relationships outside of their romance).  It was the perfect book for a busy week.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...