Thursday, February 27, 2020

Book Opinion: Blame It on the Billionaire


Blame It on the Billionaire is not my typical book fare.  I mean, I read romance almost exclusively, but I stay away from the billionaires and workplace romances.  I'm not sure what inspired me to pick this one up especially because it's Book 3, and I haven't read the other books in the series.  I don't know what the other 2 books are, but I can guarantee you do not have to read them to get what you need out of this one.  

Grayson is super upper-crust, comes from money but also started his own company of which he is CEO.  Nadia is a receptionist in the company (not his) and also cares for her younger brother.  Grayson has some family pressure both professionally and personally.  He wants no part in any of it.  Nadia has some family baggage of her own stemming back to her childhood - her mother had a reputation in the small town which reflected poorly on her children.  

Anyway, there is a black out where the two get cozy and then a feigned engagement.  All delicious things in a short little Harlequin book.  I read it in a day, started it on my morning commute (you're welcome to any who read over my shoulder) and finished it before bedtime.  

I don't read a lot of category books, but every so often, a little Harlequin is perfect for a commute especially when I don't know what to read next.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...