Monday, April 17, 2017

Bourbon? Veggies? Yes, please.

I tried this recipe this past weekend for my sister, the bourbon drinker. You can find it here

First of all, I cut the bourbon recipe in half so it was 1 stick of butter and a half bottle of bourbon.  I used 8 TBS of the butter (the whole batch) and doubled the veggies.  It made way more, but then I didn't have leftover butter or wasted bourbon.  It says you can reuse the butter-infusede bourbon but ew.  I thought it was a weird mix with the cauliflower, but it mixed well with the sweet corn.  My sister and I think it would be better with corn and maybe onions or red bell peppers, veggies that take to the sweet better.  It's all about the butter though.

Corn and Cauliflower Sauteed in Bourbon Butter 

  • 4 tablespoons Bourbon-Infused Butter, recipe follows 
  • 1/2 head cauliflower, cored and cut into bite-sized florets 
  • 2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob 
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 
  • 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
 Butter-Infused Bourbon and Bourbon-Infused Butter 
  1. One 750-milliliter bottle good-quality bourbon 
  2. 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter


Directions


Melt the Bourbon-Infused Butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and golden in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the corn, 3/4 teaspoons salt and some pepper, and continue to cook, stirring often, until the corn is just cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the parsley.

Butter-Infused Bourbon and Bourbon-Infused Butter:

Combine the bourbon and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook until the butter melts. Transfer to a container and freeze until the butter has solidified. Remove the large piece of bourbon-infused butter and reserve, refrigerated in an airtight container, for cooking. Strain the bourbon through a fine-meshed sieve and coffee filter to remove any remaining particles of butter. Return the butter-infused bourbon to its original bottle and keep frozen to use in cocktails for up to one month.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...