Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Update - Wedding Bells

Last weekend, Little Miss and I were in a wedding. So, Thursday, Little Miss and I drove to the airport to pick up a fellow bridesmaid. Then, we dropped Little Miss at school. We ate a quick breakfast and then three bridesmaids and the bride went to get our nails done. We also had a nice lunch and went shoe shopping - quite a lovely day. On Friday, we traveled to Pennsylvania for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It was a nice evening. Little Miss was very good. She was very confortable with everybody.

On Saturday, Little Miss joined the ladies and got her hair and make up done. Then, she got to ride in her first limo. The women toasted with flutes of champagne and Little Miss had a juice box. Here is a picture from the limo:
We mostly just hung out at the venue for a couple of hours. There were some pictures and a lot of eyes on the weather. The ceremony was to be outdoors, but there was rain in the morning and more predicted throughout the day. As it turned out, the weather held off and never went beyond a misting during the ceremony so we got to have the wedding outdoors as well as a handful of pictures.
 Above is a picture of the women in the bridal party surrounding the beautiful bride.
Above is a picture of the cranky Flower Girl.  She didn't really nap and it was a rough day for her because we arrived to the venue around the time she would have napped so there were a few tears, but I think the peer pressure of getting to stay with all the grown-ups helped.  She didn't break down for long.  I was very proud of her.
Above is the Flower Girl walking down the aisle.  She was very good.  She walked down slowly and all by herself.  I couldn't really see her, but I heard she did excellent.  During the ceremony, she did whisper that she had to go to the bathroom so I told her to go to Husband.  She walked over to him (luckily in the second row) and he tried to discreetly escort her into the building.  Halfway down the aisle, she turned to the bride and groom and shouted "Be right back!"  I've heard from nearly everybody how adorable she was, but it isn't asadorable when it's your kid.  I was just glad she didn't announce that she had to go to the bathroom or exactly what she had to do in the bathroom.
After the wedding, we had pictures taken on the golf course.  Little Miss wanted to come because it was her chance to ride in a golf cart.  So, the groomsman was very patient dealing with me in a long dress and a toddler.  Plus, he kindly made sure the seat was dry for us which I appreciated.  While we took pictures, Little Miss decided it was her chance to run as far as she could while all of the bridal party was occupied.  She took off in the middle of the course so I had to hike up the skirt and try not to destroy the course with my 4" heels.  I'm thoroughly thrilled that Father-in-Law captured this moment on video, too.  I can still hear Little Miss's giggles.  She knows I hate to run. 

It was a fun reception.  Little Miss ate like a champ and then, before the music started, fell fast asleep.  She spent the evening with the In-Laws while Husband and I got to party and sleep late.  Then, we all went to brunch the next morning and wished the bride and groom well.  Good time had by all!


Shannon said...

I love that she shouted "Be right back" hahaha. Sounds like something my niece would do.

Unknown said...

So, when do we get to see the video of you chasing Little Miss across the golf course. ;-)