Monday, June 15, 2020

Movies We're Watching - Love Life

Love Life (TV Series 2020– ) - IMDb

First of all, I've kept the titles on these even though some of these are clearly tv shows and not movies.

I started this on HBO Max.  There are 10 episodes, only a half hour.  I did find Darby kind of annoying in parts, but I think that was where her character is just different than I am and, to be fair, she was going through her trainwreck phase.  It was good that I decided to push through and view as a whole.  You travel through time with Darby to see her grow personally and professionally.  I thought it was going to be more of a relationship journey based on the first episodes where she is looking for love so desperately, but I liked how it kind of evolved and ended up liking the series as a whole.  I can also see that this is way more popular with people younger than I am or at least closer to that stage in life.  I liked it though, and I'll give a second season a shot (there is going to be a second season but about a secondary character as the show will be more anthology and less serial).

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...