Thursday, February 20, 2020

Book Opinion - Golden in Death


Last night, I finished Golden in Death, J.D. Robb's 50th book in the In Death series.  As with the rest of the series, the mystery is not why I read the books.  I found this one a fun one showing the evolution of Eve and Roarke's relationship and marriage and showing Eve's growth as a character throughout the series.  Plus, any book with Mr. Mira makes me smile.  It was only one scene, but I could feel his hug throughout the rest of the book.

If you don't read the series, you get the most out of it if they are read in order (though, to be honest, I stopped reading the short stories and just read the full-length books).  The futuristic aspects kind of blend together after the first few books and aren't as distracting after awhile.  Murder is still murder.  Many don't like the violence, but I'm an odd duck.  I love a good romance, but once in awhile, I like a lot of dead bodies piling up and needing justice.  It's called balance. 

I don't think this was a perfect book, but it's always good visiting with old friends.  There's a comfort in that.  Oh, and it doesn't hurt that Peabody was the Bad Cop which doesn't happen often because she's so natural at being empathetic and the Good Cop.  So, that was refreshing and made me want to stand up and applaud. 

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...