Saturday, January 21, 2017
Posted by princess apr at 7:39 PM
Sunday, January 15, 2017
- This week, I made chicken teriyaki, jasmine rice, and green beans sauteed in toasted sesame oil and shallots (I added a little water and covered to steam them because they weren't cooking very fast). I've made these before (see blog recipe though last time I used snow peas instead of green beans), but Little Miss never tried it.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 pounds total)
Monday, January 9, 2017
No new food this week. Little Miss has a touch of the stomach bug. Captain took good care of her. While she was in the bathroom, he was told not to go in there, but he sat right at the door and offered her everything he could think of. He later brought her tissues at her request. He kept bringing her books. He was very concerned and asked, "Laura, all right?" Then, when she didn't answer, he looked at me and said, "Mama, help." It was so precious. He's missed his playmate quite a bit and has been extra snuggly with us to make up for it. He had Husband read him many books and snuggled hard this morning with me. His sister will be back to normal soon and everything will right itself.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
The first dish is an easy one - fried eggs and bacon. I let the eggs fry a bit longer to avoid the gooey yolk. I also scrambled a couple of eggs as a back up in case she did not like them. She did not. She ate the egg whites and the the scrambled egg on reserve. Obviously, the bacon was a hit as that wasn't a true new food. Originally, the thought was to go through the book chronologically, but there's a whole chapter on sauces and such so we decided to randomly pick recipes. We'll see what she chooses for next week! As when we first started this venture, it still helps that she chooses the food and also helps that she makes it with me. She pretty much made the entire egg portion this week.
P.S. The serving size was 2 pieces of bacon which I thought was ridiculous. I gave each kid 3 pieces to look like a hero. I did not dole out the bonus bacon until after the fried egg was tried though.