Sunday, January 15, 2017

New Food - Chicken Teriyaki



  • This week, I made chicken teriyaki, jasmine rice, and green beans sauteed in toasted sesame oil and shallots (I added a little water and covered to steam them because they weren't cooking very fast).  I've made these before (see blog recipe though last time I used snow peas instead of green beans), but Little Miss never tried it.


This received thumbs up!  Plus, she said she'd eat it again.  Captain was not into it.  He picked out the rice and didn't eat anything else.

2017 is off to a good start!


Chicken Teriyaki

Ingredients: 

  • 1/2 cup honey 
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar 
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced 
  • 2 tablespoons peeled and finely grated fresh ginger 
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper 
  • 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 pounds total) 
Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, mix honey, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Transfer chicken and sauce to baking sheet. 

2. Bake chicken, skin side up, basting occasionally with pan juices, until well browned and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve chicken drizzled with pan juices.

No comments:

What We've Watched - 2020

I forgot a bunch!  So, just to round out 2020, here we go. Let's see... I watched Enola Holmes on Netflix which I found adorable, and I...