- Complications by Atul Gawande
- Insider by Olivia Cunning (NOTE: This is the first book of the Exodus End. The band featured has made a cameo in her previous series - book list is here.)
- Opening Up by Lauren Dane (NOTE: This is the first book in her Ink and Chrome series. You can find more information here.)
- Unraveled by Lorelei James (NOTE: This is the third book in the Mastered series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Second Chance Summer by Jill Shalvis (NOTE: This is the first book in the Cedar Ridge series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Kiss Me by Susan Mallery (NOTE: This is part of the Fool's Gold series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Holding Holly and Chasing Jillian by Julie Brannagh (NOTE: This is part of the Love and Football series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Master of Freedom by Cherise Sinclair (NOTE: This is part of the Mountain Masters and Dark Haven series. The order of which can be found here.)
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Little Miss and I watched Alexander which was an adorable, silly family movie. Then, Husband saw the first movie in years in the theater. He put his money where his mouth is and followed his girl, Amy Schumer, to her big screen debut. It was a pretty hilarious movie. I'd see it again just to catch the jokes we missed from laughing so hard. It's a bit naughty for those who don't like those types of films though. Friends and I saw Magic Mike XXL, and it is a movie you need to see with girlfriends. It was fun and silly and everything you'd expect.
Saturday, August 8, 2015
Little Miss has always had questions about, well, everything. So, following up baby talk with periods seemed natural. Luckily, she hasn't bridged the gap between the cycle and birth and asked about that yet. She is totally disgusted by the entire menstruation process. She is also really angry that it seems that girls have to deal with this and boys do not. I'm hoping that she forgets about it for awhile. Otherwise, she'll waste these next few years being an angry emotional stress ball. If I have to deal with all those emotions, there better be hormones attached to them and not just because the world is unjust. She should start to work fighting gender inequality some other way. I don't think she'll win a battle over Mother Nature.
Thursday, August 6, 2015
Little Miss took a few days to travel with her cousin and my parents. Captain was pretty good without her and loves the attention. However, he did spend time looking at her bed and playing with her things. He was extremely excited when she returned though. For convenience, we put him into bed a few minutes before her. He screamed his head off for 10 minutes. He'd stop crying whenever she came into the bedroom and then start up whenever she left. As soon as I tucked her in and left, he was more than content with his big sister in his sights and stopped crying in the middle of a sob and fell asleep. Vacation should be interesting. They're sleeping in separate bedrooms. I don't know if there's a cure for Little Brother Syndrome, but he has an aggressive case of it.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
The next day, Husband played golf with a friend's husband while Captain, my friend and I went to her pool. It was really nice, and the pool was beautiful. Little Miss was in Florida with my family. We had a lovely dinner at my friend's house before heading home.
The third weekend, I met friends for Thai and then we went to see a movie. After, I got to pick up Little Miss after a week away. It was nice to have her home, and everyone was thrilled to see her - but no one more so than Captain!
The fourth weekend, we mostly just ran some errands - Target, the library, the grocery store. It was busy and hot, but Little Miss loves to just drive around and be helpful.
Towards the end of the month, I took some time off. I took a half day and brought Little Miss to work with me. She loves coming to work. She watched a movie and mostly hung out and write me little notes. My parents met me at my office after lunch. Then, we all went to The National Building Museum which I've never been to before. There is a "beach" exhibit currently which is basically a giant ball pit. It was insane. It's been many years since I've been in a ball pit, and it was much easier as a kid from what I remember. Little Miss made a friend, and had a blast though. We had dinner and then headed home.