Monday, September 29, 2014
Baby loves the swing. He could live in there if you let him.
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- Cowboy Take Me Away by Lorelai James (NOTE: This is part of her Rough Rider series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Then Came You by Jill Shalvis (NOTE: This is part of the Animal Magnetism series. The related books can be found here.)
- Straddling the Line by Jaci Burton (NOTE: This is part of the Play by Play series. The order in which to read the books can be found here.)
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Sister was very ill when Little Miss was baptized so this is the first picture (in a church) of Little Miss and her godparents. So, it is both kids with all of the godparents.
Below is Husband's family all together.
Below is my family excluding the Nephew.
There are tons of pictures and every combination of family member grouping you can think of. I'll frame some of them eventually.
Afterwards, we had everyone to the community room and some of our good friends who could make the event. We made food up ahead of time so everyone helped out to assemble and lay out everything. It was a nice relaxing day. I definitely deserved the nap later in the evening.
On Sunday, I went out with friends to a winery. It was another beautiful day. We sat outside, snacked and enjoyed some wine. There's no better way to spend a Sunday.
I think he may be teething. He's always been fairly drooly, but he's added the chewing. He always soothes by sucking his thumb, but now he's gnawing feverishly. Funny how he is preparing to grow some teeth while Little Miss is busy losing hers!
- Bound by Lorelai James (NOTE: This is part of The Mastered series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Unwound by Lorelai James (NOTE: This is part of The Mastered series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Saddled and Spurred by Lorelai James (NOTE: This is part of the Blacktop Cowboys series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Will Grayson Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green (NOTE: This is not really part of a series, but a sequel or related book about a secondary character is coming out soon.)
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Frog Music by Emma Donoghue
- Wrangled and Tangled by Lorelai James (NOTE: This is part of the Blacktop Cowboys series. The order of which can be found here.)
- When We Met by Susan Mallery (NOTE: This is part of the Fools Gold series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Trying to Score by Toni Aleo (NOTE: This is part of her Assassins series. The order of which can be found here in the Books tab.)
- Before We Kiss bySusan Mallery (NOTE: This is part of the Fools Gold series. The order of which can be found here.)
- Until We Touch bySusan Mallery (NOTE: This is part of the Fools Gold series. The order of which can be found here.)
I was looking for some romance and had all of these in my giant pile of books to read. I rarely glom onto an author, but it was nice to spend a solid chunk of time in Fools Gold with Susan Mallery's characters. Decent reading month, enjoyable.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
The other day, I had this conversation with Little Miss:
The first weekend in September doesn't deserve a separate post. We really did very little. I tidied up the apartment a little. We napped a little. We took walks. On Sunday, Husband's friend and his wife came over to watch some football. It was a quiet weekend.
Last weekend, it was kind of the same type of deal. It was quiet and low key. I caught up on some television and put a billion loads of laundry away. On Sunday, I met a friend for brunch, and we walked around. The weather was beautiful. I picked up a pretty dress on sale and managed to walk out of Target with nothing. So, big milestone for me, too.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Baby sleeps in a sleep sack. He also has an open swaddle now that he can roll over so his arms are free, but we alternate depending on the laundry rotation. It's been tricky for him to roll over in the sack, but he can. He loves rolling onto his tummy. But today, he rolled onto his back in the sleep sack. If he can do it in the sleep sack, it'll be a piece of cake with clothes on! He looked so proud of himself if not a little surprised. We lavished praise on him accordingly.
Little Miss left the house with Husband the other day and told him this:
"It's going to be good day today. I just don't know if it's going to be awesome or just great."
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Our happy boy is still pretty happy. He loves being on his tummy. His personality is coming out more and more.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
We had a glorious low-key weekend. I worked from home on Friday.
On Saturday, Husband went to a friend's house to watch sports. Meanwhile, Baby and I took a little nap after our morning routine. Then, we took a walk. He slept most of the evening while I watched tv. Husband came home after we were both in bed.
On Sunday, Little Miss came home after being away for what seemed like forever. It was great to have her home. We had a nice family dinner together.
On Monday, we got up and got going. Little Miss and I needed to do some last-minute school shopping. So, we went to Target for a backpack, lunch bag and a few other essentials - like Kit Kats. We had a girls' lunch and then went to buy some back to school shoes. Little Miss had to have these cowboy boots. She wore them out of the store, and she absolutely loves them.
And now we have a First Grader! More on that after I load the pictures...
Monday, September 1, 2014
This was a big week! We finally saw Baby roll over onto his tummy. He hates tummy time so it's a frustrating time for everyone until he can roll back over to his back. I also had to break down and get a bumper for the crib. He has started sleeping in the crib now that he's sleeping consistently through the night.